“Abortion Without Borders” aims to help anyone in Poland who contacts them to access a safe abortion. The initiative is the result of collaboration between six activist groups in four countries: Abortion Dream Team (Poland), Kobiety w Sieci (Poland), Women Help Women (global), Ciocia Basia (Germany), Abortion Network Amsterdam (The Netherlands) and Abortion Support Network (United Kingdom).
Anyone who wants information about abortion can contact Kobiety W Sieci (Poland), which has more than 13 years of experience providing people in Poland with pregnancy options counseling, including unbiased, factual information about abortion.
HELPLINE: +48 222922597 open everyday 8.00AM – 8.00PM
Any caller who wishes to obtain an abortion will be referred to one of the organizations taking part in this project and given information about safe medical abortion pills, internet sources for abortion pills and counseling, advice on abortion clinics, help arranging travel and accommodation, and/or funding towards the cost of abortion abroad.
Services Abortion Without Borders will provide:
- Pregnancy options counseling, including unbiased, factual information about abortion
- Information on reputable organizations offering safe early medical abortion pills
- Practical information about the least expensive way to arrange abortion and travel
- Information on clinics in Germany, The Netherlands, the UK and elsewhere for abortion beyond 12 weeks
- Financial assistance towards the cost of abortion and travel
- Free accommodation in volunteer homes or in paid accommodation
- Polish speaking volunteers (or ability to speak to service users with a translator) as well as translation services at clinics that do not have Polish speaking staff
- Other forms of support that are necessary and possible.
Abortion Without Borders would like to stress that our activities are all legal.
- Giving information about abortion is legal
- Traveling abroad for abortion is legal
- Calling the helpline or receiving funding from Abortion Without Borders is legal
- Ordering early medical abortion pills online is not against the law
- Taking early medical abortion pills is not against the law
- There is no way in Polish law to criminalize a pregnant woman who ends a pregnancy.
Kobiety w Sieci - Safe Abortion Hotline:
Monday to Friday between 10.00 and 20.00:
(0048) 725 892 134 all day
(0048) 737 769 715 till 3 PM
People looking for information about medical abortion and support can call Monday - Friday 10.00 do 20.00.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +48 22 3970500
Ireland and Northern Ireland
Abortion Support Network: provides financial assistance and accommodation to those traveling from the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland to England to access a safe and legal abortion.
ANA - ABORTION NETWORK AMSTERDAM
We are a group of volunteers who came together to create a network of support for women and pregnant people who don’t have access to safe abortion. This could be the case for a number of reasons:
-They don’t have access to legal abortion in their country of origin (e.g. Poland, Malta, Northern Ireland).
-The country they live in doesn’t provide second trimester abortions.
-They don’t have access to legal abortion because of their status in the country they live in.
Compared to other European countries where abortion is also legal, the Netherlands is of specific interest because of the later term until which an abortion is allowed. Most countries only provide abortions during the first trimester, which is until 12 weeks.
There are numerous reasons why someone could need a second trimester abortion. Pregnancies are not always discovered within the first trimester, for instance. In many countries first trimester abortions are only legal on paper, in practice they are not always accessible to everyone. With the changing political climate there has been an increasing demand for support related to women and pregnant people having to come to The Netherlands for an abortion.
We work closely with other abortion support networks like Abortion Dream Team in Poland, Ciocia Basia in Berlin and Abortion Support Network in London. Our work mainly concerns Polish women who are in need of a second trimester abortion but we receive emails from people all over the world looking for help with an unintended pregnancy.
Practically our work involves helping to set up appointments, choosing the appropriate clinic in the Netherlands, making sure people have all the documents they need, helping with transportation, providing people travelling to The Netherlands with housing, translation aid and accompanying people to their appointment if requested.
Możesz do nas napisać również po Polsku!