When should abortion pills not be used?
A woman should not use abortion pills if:
- She is being forced by someone to have an abortion.
- She is more than 9 weeks pregnant.
- She is allergic to mifepristone or misoprostol.
- She has an IUD (intrauterine device – it should be removed before using the medicines).
- She has any of the following conditions: chronic adrenal failure, hemorrhagic disorders or bleeding disorders/diseases, porphyries.
- She has an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the womb).
- She cannot get to a hospital or doctor within two hours.
- She is alone. She should ask a partner or a friend to stay with her while she uses the medicines.