What are the advantages of the combined pill?
The combined pill can be stopped at any time without a provider’s help. It does not interfere with sex, and it is controlled by the woman.
The combined pill helps to protect women from pregnancy, cancer of the lining of the uterus (endometrial cancer), cancer of the ovaries, and symptomatic pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). The combined pill can also help protect against ovarian cysts and iron deficiency (anemia).
For most women, the combined pill can also help with the the following issues :
- Pain from menstrual cramps
- Irregular periods
- Heavy menstrual bleeding, lessens
- Ovulation pain,
- Symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS),
- Excess hair on the face or body (if this is caused by polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Symptoms of endometriosis (pelvic pain, irregular bleeding).
- It also reduces the risk of ectopic pregnancy